Civil Procedure in the District Court, 2nd Edition by Karl Dowling, Suzanne Mullally and Brendan Savage
Author: Karl Dowling
Author: Suzanne Mullally
Author: Brendan Savage
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 31/12/2014
Written by practitioners for practitioners, this text book is an invaluable reference guide to the expansive District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014 introduced in February 2014 which brought in sweeping changes to practice and procedure in the District Court. As the new rules provide for entirely new procedures and forms of pleading, this comprehensive guide to the rules which also incorporates case law will also be of considerable assistance in the institution of proceedings and the preparation for trial of any hearing in the District Court.
The new edition provides the practitioner with up to date comprehensive and definitive analysis of civil practice and procedure in District Court to take account of the sweeping changes introduced by the new District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014. It is an extensive commentary of the District Court Rules, referring to reported and unreported decisions of the courts, legislation and practice directions.
- Is an easy-to-understand reference that provides you with invaluable analysis and interpretation
- Provides a step-by-step guide to civil practice in the District Court
- Gives you an extensive analysis of the amended jurisdiction of the District Court pursuant to the District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014
- Is up-to-date and including all important case law and legislation
- Ensures that you have the most up to date reference for practice and procedure in the District Court as it currently stands
- Gives you confidence in Court as you can be sure of the exact practice and procedure as implemented by the new Rules
- Saves you time as for the first time you have concise interpretation and application of the new 2014 Rules applicable in the District Court.
New to this edition:
- All chapters have been revised and rewritten to take account of the sweeping changes introduced by the implementation of the new District Court (Civil Procedure) Rules 2014, leading to a major overhaul of existing practice and procedure
- Deals with legislative changes introduced in specific areas of law such as conveyancing law (see Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Act 2009), and family law (see Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligation of Cohabitants Act 2010)
- Text updated to include entirely new forms of pleading which have been introduced
- New chapters have been included on Appearance and Defence
- Deals with the new rules on discovery and particulars
- Guide to the entirely new procedure of setting matters down for trial in the District Court
- Chapters have been expanded to cover areas not previously addressed in previous editions
About the Authors
Karl Dowling is a practising barrister specialising in wills and succession, the administration of estates, contentious and non-contentious probate litigation and trust issues.
Suzanne Mullally is a practicing barrister.
Brendan Savage is a practicing barrister.